Judgment Enforcement Services


GETTING A judgment IS ONLY THE FIRST STEP. The courts will not collect for you. You must handle collecting yourself.

Use a Paralegal who knows how to collect using whatever legal procedures are needed. In the end, you will get your money. Going on your own will probably just not work for you.


Judgment Enforcement Services


Obtaining a judgment does not mean that the person or company whom the judgment was awarded against will pay you immediately.


You may never see what you were awarded.  Simply put, a judgment is not an assurance that you will receive what you are entitled to, however, it is an order which gives you the right to enforce it in many ways.Paralegal Advice will help turn your judgment into dollars!


What We  Can Do To Help


Having the right legal representation to help you enforce your judgment can only increase your chances of success in judgment Enforcement.


 Paralegals have the tools necessary to locate both the debtor and the debtor’s assets.  It is necessary to determine whether the debtor has any assets to be seized and sold, as well as any bank accounts or current employment where funds can be garnished.



Once located,a paralegal will beable to collect your judgment in the following ways:


    Demand Payment - The judgment received can be enforced immediately; however, there are court costs associated with it so it is always better to demand payment from the debtor before commencing any judgment enforcement process.


    Judgment Debtor Examination Hearing – I would summon the debtor or a third party before the court and question him/her about the debtor’s assets.


    Notice of Garnishment – I would file appropriate documentation with the court to demand payment from a third party, such as an employer or bank that owes the debtor money, who would pay you based on the court order.


    Writ of Seizure and Sale of Personal Property – I would make a request to court for permission to seize and sell the debtor’s personal property in order to pay the judgment debt.


    Writ of Seizure and Sale of Land – I would make a request to court to register a writ with any jurisdiction that the debtor may own land in, preventing the debtor from purchasing, selling or mortgaging the property before paying out the judgment.


  Writ of Delivery – I would make a request to court for enforcement officials to seize an item and return it to you as the legal owner.


A paralegal can also enforce  judgments from other Tribunals such as the Landlord and Tenant Board.